Why are we asking partners to help?
You may not be aware of this, but charter schools in rural areas receive far less funding than those in urban areas and inner cities. This is unfortunate because students and families in rural areas typically have no other educational option besides the traditional school district. That being said, partners (such as businesses or individuals)in the community can have a major impact on the quality of our programs by helping us provide our students with an ever improving quality 21st century educational experience. Donors are welcome to tour the school and view our programs in action! Funds received this year will be used to pay for projects or technology such as chrome books for students, sound and lighting for our auditorium, acoustical treatment for the walls and a 3-D printer.
The Art and Science Academy is a great place to invest in. Visit the home page of this website to read about the
personal testimonies of parents. In a recent survey, 95% of parents stated that they have seen a positive change in their child’s attitude towards school. Our approach to creating a safe, positive setting is expensive for us because it requires smaller classrooms and higher levels of staffing. Charter schools receive funding on a per-pupil basis, so fewer students amounts to fewer dollars. We believe and are committed to this model of education because it works and our students deserve to come to school each day feeling happy, safe and excited about learning. (100% of our parents state that their child is happy in his/her classroom!) Donors can rest assured that all funds donated will directly support students and will have a big impact. We would also like to acknowledge donors on our website and encourage our parents to do business with our partners! Thank you for considering this request for financial partnership and support!!
The Art and Science Academy is currently seeking donations for the following causes: Technology, Sound/Lighting and Acoustics, Playground. Please feel free to indicate which project you would like to assist with.
- To assist in purchasing additional Chromebooks and and 3-D printers. This technology will be used for academics as well as art, photography, theater, music and robotics.
- Our stage is in major need of improvement. We need donations for lighting, sound and acoustic panels.
Donations can be received by mail, by dropping off donations in person at the school or by clicking on the donate button on our website.
Donate one or more chrome books … @ about $179.00 each
3D printers cost $2,838 each.
Other ways to get involved and partner with us!!
- We are in need of large acoustic panels to reduce the noise levels in our cafeteria and multi-purpose room. Parents or community members interested in helping with this need can either purchase the materials needed for the panels (wood insulation, decorative cloth) or help assemble the panels (those who are handy and can create the panels.)
2. We are in need of audio equipment and lighting for our stage area.
3. We would like to continue to enhance our performance space. Anyone with skill or expertise in design or maintenance can get involved and help us to improve our stage and performance area. Please contact Amy at the school if you’d like to get involved.
PayPal – The safer, easier way to pay online!